TBGBL Talk V 3.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk V 3.0

The Even Newer Forum to Discuss the Toronto Baseball Guys Baseball League

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn That Mexican Circus says Harrelson

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Damn That Mexican Circus says Harrelson Empty Damn That Mexican Circus says Harrelson Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:56 pm

RAWKEN HAWKS

RAWKEN HAWKS

Re-printed with permission from The Rawken Times.

The quirk of the schedule that caused the Rawken Hawks to start the season with thirteen consectutive road games was necessary because the Hawks home stadium, Hawk's Landing, was booked with a two week event.
"I think it was a conspiracy with those Psycho Mexicans", said Hawks manager Ken Harrelson.  Harrelson was talking about the fact that the Mexican Chihuaua Dog Circus was booked into Hawk's Landing for the beginning of April.
"I don't think it was a coincidence that our stadium was booked and we had to play all away games to start the season, including six in Tijuana.  Those Mexicans can be shifty.  I mean, who wants to go see a Dog Circus anyway?"
Attendance numbers for the 14 day circus stay were not made public but all indications are it was not heavily attended.  The fact that the venue was rented by a numbered company added to the intrigue.
Hawks batting coach Andre Dawson also blamed the Psychos.  "Those Psychos will do anything to win.  I think it was them that booked the dog circus in Rawken and caused us to start with a huge road trip."
"Thankfully for the good guys, it didn't really work," said Harrelson, referring to the Hawks 8-5 record in those 13 away games.
"Later in the season we'll be enjoying some good home cooking because of this," said Dawson.  "And we won't be eating tacos!"

Sedona Bombs

Admin

nice...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum