TBGBL Talk V 3.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk V 3.0

The Even Newer Forum to Discuss the Toronto Baseball Guys Baseball League

You are not connected. Please login or register

Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal

+4
Tijuana Psychos
Markham Squeeze
That Ball Club
Brantford Babkas
8 posters

Which team wins this trade?

Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_lcap86%Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_rcap 86% [ 6 ]
Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_lcap0%Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_lcap14%Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_lcap0%Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markham Squeeze

Markham Squeeze
Admin

The Markham Squeeze trade Matt Kemp and a 18th round draft pick to the Bradford Babkas for Edwin Encarnacion, a 6th round draft pick and a hamburger.

Last edited by Markham Squeeze on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brantford Babkas

Babkas confirm the trade.

That Ball Club

are you sure the picks as announced weren't supposed to be reversed?

RAWKEN HAWKS

RAWKEN HAWKS

PLAYER 1
263EX/275EX, OBP 375/349
Current season: .275  8 HR  20 RBI (.567 SLG%, 338 On Base)

PLAYER 2
264VG/295EX, OBP 321/355
Current season: .225  3 HR  11 RBI (.367 SLG%, 290 On Base)

That Ball Club

and now the Squeeze get a hamburger too!! This is too much!!!! I demand a veto.

RAWKEN HAWKS

RAWKEN HAWKS

The difference between these two players considering their splits and the fact that both were keepers is much closer than the difference between a 6th and 18th round pick. When you also consider how they have hit so far this season the difference is much, MUCH closer....

I have a hard time believing any hitter not named Trout would also fetch as good a pick as a 6th with Encarnacion going back the other way...

Ken being Ken again.....

Markham Squeeze

Markham Squeeze
Admin

The burger was the catalyst in getting this deal done, that's for sure.

That Ball Club wrote:and now the Squeeze get a hamburger too!! This is too much!!!! I demand a veto.

Tijuana Psychos

Wow! Somebody got squeezed here.

9Markham and Bradford Babkas strike a blockbuster deal Empty RE: The Hamburger Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:14 pm

RAWKEN HAWKS

RAWKEN HAWKS

A whole cow should have gone the other way to even this one....

Bananas

i'm just hungry for a burger.
big price to pay for a gamble though.

MaxGae

MaxGae

What exactly does it take to get a trade vetoed in this league, anyway?

http://baseballevolution.com

RAWKEN HAWKS

RAWKEN HAWKS

If you clam up long enough, new games are run and posts stop and there's no need for a veto.

RAWKEN HAWKS

RAWKEN HAWKS

Negative poll results don't matter...

Bumbles

I think it takes either collusion or bad faith (like an experienced owner trying to trick a new owner) to get a trade vetoed. I think Ken got the better of this deal in isolation, but if the Babkas really needed a bat to play OF, rather than 1B, it makes sense from their perspective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum