TBGBL Talk V 3.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk V 3.0

The Even Newer Forum to Discuss the Toronto Baseball Guys Baseball League

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maximum Gaetti Heads into Rebuilding Mode

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MaxGae

MaxGae

For Immediate Release
May 12, 2013 (2)

Cincinnati, OH - The Maximum Gaetti ballclub announced today that they are officially looking towards next season, following an embarrassing stretch that saw them lose 11 of 14 games.

"We knew this would be a difficult year, but when team leader Yan Gomes went down with an injury everything really unraveled," MGGM Greg Gagne said in a press conference.  "We have to be realistic about where we're at and re-evaluate some things."

After Gagne named first baseman Anthony Rizzo, outfielder Giancarlo Stanton, and minor league shortstop Starlin Castro as the franchise's only untouchables, reporters asked him about prized minor league prospect Yordano Ventura.

"Of course we are high on Ventura and realize that trading him might not be a popular move with the fans," the general manager retorted. " Tap [Minor League Pitching Coordinator Kevin Tapani] thinks that Ventura could be ready to contribute as soon as next season.  At the same time, you need to give up talent to get talent in this league, and if I don't explore all options for making our team better, I'm not doing my job."      

Gagne continued to show support for manager Matt Mieske despite his 5-9 record in one-run games and 0-3 showing in extra-inning affairs.

"Changing managers is not an option right now. We are fully committed to Matt and believe that he can push the right buttons once we give him the horses," reassured Gagne in a mixed metaphor.

Starting pitcher Kris Medlen, second baseman/leadoff hitter Jason Kipnis, and outfielder Gerardo Parra figure to rank among the most sought after Maximum Gaetti trade pieces.

http://baseballevolution.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum